Thursday, February 23, 2012

"O...Oh My!"

Welcome to Orgasmic Birth | Orgasmic Birth:


When they say this is the best kept secret, they really are not kidding. I have never even heard of this or heard of anyone else talking about this until I stumbled across it on YouTube by accident. Don't ask how that happens. So the idea is that the same muscles that are used to create an orgasm are also the same muscles that are used during child labor. So if you can completely eliminate the idea of fear and pain, you might just be able to have a pain free and even orgasmic child birth. It is all about connecting with your body and your partner. 

The reason I decided to blog about this was because this was initially how I began my journey into a totally different direction. The treatment I had already received from traditional medicine was alarming and very emotionally disconnected. I felt as if this would be a  time in my life when I should be pampered and handled with care, instead I was being prodded, poked and herded like a cow. I might as well have been tagged with a number and put with the other pregnant women till I was ready to deliver. 

Okay, so orgasmic birth does seem a bit extreme, maybe even a little too granola or organic for someone like me. I mean I don't necessarily live my life by the standards of a tree huger, or reduce reuse and recycle as much as I could...but  something about this seemed...normal.

I wanted to know more about these women. How were they able to deliver a baby with no medicine, no hospital care in some cases, and all with a smile? Could it really be luck or did this women do something different? I got on Netflix and I searched for this documentary determined to seek some answers.  

The documentary was actually pretty interesting and at times a little bit uncomfortable.  In the sense I felt like maybe I should have kept my eyes closed because some of these women were really getting into it with their spouses. With all the Ooohhh's and Ahhhh's coming from my office, my fiance popped his head in just to see exactly what I was watching. Sorry to disappoint honey, it is just an orgasmic birth. haha. 

Even so it was enough to catch his attention and before we knew it, we were both watching these women give birth in this candle lite, soothing almost sensual environment. There was no screaming, cursing or panicked mother and father frantically trying to figure out what to do once the water broke. These couples were embracing the moment, in almost the same way it was created. With pure love and affection. 

It really changed my mind about a few things. I felt like if these women could do this, LIKE THIS..then I wanted in! Sign me up, tell me where to go and what to do, because this was the experience I was looking for. So where does one go to find more info about this? I mean I was surprised I even found this much? I started hitting search engines on yet another mission to find out more. Orgasmic birth, here I come. Literally. 











No comments:

Post a Comment